King County DUI & Criminal Defense Lawyers
Fighting Against Misdemeanor Charges in Washington State
Have you or a loved one been arrested in King County? Are you facing charges for a DUI or another misdemeanor? If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, look no further than the legal team at Veitch Ault Defense.
Since 2009, our King County DUI and criminal defense attorneys have offered effective and personalized legal strategies for a multitude of legal issues. Due to our extensive knowledge of several legal processes, we can effectively guide you through the complexities of your case. We have successfully helped thousands of clients in the King County area and understand what it takes to start building you a solid case immediately.
Criminal Matters We Handle
At Veitch Ault Defense, our practice mainly focuses on DUI defense. We are well versed in all things related to drunk driving charges in Washington State. One of our head attorneys is a member of the National College of DUI Defense and is also ARIDE (Advanced Roadside Impairment Detection Enforcement) Certified. While many law enforcement officers have achieved this certification, only a limited number of defense attorneys in Washington State are ARIDE Certified. A member of our legal team has also received training in Drug-DUI Detection and has been taken on “ride-alongs” by local law enforcement, so we have the hands-on experience necessary to thoroughly defend you against law enforcement’s claims.
Other criminal charges we can defend you against include:
- 4th-degree Assault
- 4th-degree Domestic Violence/Assault
- Boating under the influence
- Criminal trespass/criminal mischief
- Driving while license suspended (1st, 2nd, or 3rd degree)
- Hit and run accidents
- Negligent driving
- Prostitution and/or patronizing a prostitute
- Reckless driving
- Vehicular Homicide
- Vehicular Assault
- Violation of No Contact Orders (VNCO)/Violation of Protection Orders (VPO)
We also may be able to vacate your criminal history when eligible. Call us now to learn more.
King County Courts
It is extremely rare that we walk into a courtroom and don’t know the judge on the bench or the prosecutor on the opposite side of the aisle. Our experienced legal team takes great pride in our reputation with all parties involved in the court process, including judges, prosecutors, court staff, probation employees, evaluators, and more.
The courts you may encounter in King County include:
- King County District Court, East/Redmond Division: Most cases filed by the state in King County District Court-Redmond Division stem from arrests made on I-405, SR-520, and I-90 conducted by Washington State Patrol (WSP) troopers or King County Sheriff’s Office (KCSO) deputies. Unless one has been arrested previously for DUI, they are unlikely to have a court date set until several weeks after the arrest occurred. King County District Court judges often rotate, but the current judges responsible for hearing DUI cases in KCDC-Redmond consist of Judge Michelle Gehlsen, Judge E. Rania Rampersad, and Judge Kevin Peck. Additionally, Judge Jill Klinge and Judge Lisa O’Toole hear City of Bellevue matters in the KCDC-Bellevue courthouse. Finally, Judge Michael Finkle and Judge Marcus Naylor preside over matters in the KCDC-Issaquah courthouses. While various Deputy Prosecuting Attorneys are responsible for handling court calendars and negotiations in KCDC-Redmond, a single supervising prosecutor from the King County Prosecutor’s Office oversees all state DUI charges filed in King County District Courthouses. In KCDC-Redmond, a single supervising prosecutor from the King County Prosecutor’s Office is responsible for negotiating for all state DUI charges filed in King County District Courthouses.
- King County District Court, West Division: Most cases filed by the state in King County District Court-West (Seattle) Division stem from arrests made on I-5 and portions of SR-520 and I-90 conducted by Washington State Patrol (WSP) troopers or King County Sheriff’s Office (KCSO) deputies. The current judges in KCDC-Seattle are Judge Greg Hirakawa, Judge Rebecca C. Robertson, Judge Kuljinder Dhillon, Judge Lisa Paglisotti, Judge Kristin Shotwell. Meanwhile, Judge Marcine Anderson and Judge Joseph Campagna hear matters in the King County District Court-Shoreline courthouse.
- KCDC-RJC: Most cases filed by the state in King County District Court-MRJC Division stem from arrests made on highways located in the southern portion of King County conducted by Washington State Patrol (WSP) troopers or King County Sheriff’s Office (KCSO) deputies. The current judges in KCDC-MRJC Division consist of Judge Virginia Amato, Judge Nathaniel Green, Judge Corinna Harn, Judge Fa’amomoi Masaniai, and Judge Susan Mahoney. Meanwhile Judge Laurel Gibson and Judge Brian Todd hear matters in KCDC-Burien while Judge Rhonda Laumann and Judge Brian Todd presides over matters in the KCDC-Auburn Division.
Call Now for a Free Consultation
Don’t let the stress of an arrest or trial or the unfair nature of the criminal justice system get the better of you—get the legal help you are entitled to under the law. We will help you throughout the duration of your case by providing personalized representation tailored to your unique needs and the strong defense you need to have a fighting chance at getting your charges reduced or dropped. Reach out now to learn more during a free consultation.
Contact us today for a free consultation and find out how we can help.
2122 112th Ave. NE, Suite A200
Bellevue, WA 98004
20102 Cedar Valley Rd., Suite 104
Lynnwood, WA 98036
Why Choose Our Firm?
Selected as Super Lawyer for the past 7 years in a row
Successful Defense of Hundreds of DUI Cases
7 years as Super Lawyer
NHTSA training in both DWI Detection/Standardized Field Sobriety Testing (FST) along with Advanced Roadside Impairment Detection Enforcement (ARIDE)
Your First Initial Consultation Is Free
Dedicated to the Highest Level of Advocacy on Behalf of Their Clients
Each client is given their attorney’s personal cell phone # and can reach out at any time
We Have Successfully Defended Hundreds of DUI Cases
Reach Out to Us as Soon as Possible to Get the Best Solution For Your Case
Contact Us Today
Get Started with a Free Consultation